• Texture and tone
• Surface scarring
• Fine wrinkles
How does it work?
Micro needling is based on the use of tiny needles to create micro channels (tiny holes) in the skin. The process stimulates your skin’s natural ability to heal itself and in the process produces collagen and elastin.
This repair process begins almost immediately and results in a thicker dermis and softened wrinkles or scars. We use the automated Stylo Micro Pen™ for its predictable performance and safety profile.
There is no tissue destruction with micro needling. The small channels in the epidermis close very quickly and the skin begins a healing response right away. Depending on the depth of the skin defect, you may see only redness or you may experience some pinpoint bleeding which stops almost immediately.
An outstanding product absorption booster
These superficial micro-channels also allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively into the skin. Specific treatment products can be selected to achieve accelerated results. We’ll employ various topicals depending upon your needs
- Hyaluronic serums
- Lightening or bleaching serums
- Vitamin C for strengthening and antioxidant boost
What areas can be treated? Micro needling can safely be used on nearly all parts of the body with the most frequent treatments being on:
Who performs the treatment? Our trained esthetician, Naomi Miles, will provide your treatment.
Is Micro Needling new?
Micro needling has been used for decades in Europe in various forms, from blocked stamps to hand rollers to the new automated pens that make the process fast, consistent and for the most part, quite comfortable. Only in recent years have the public and physicians embraced the concept. (It’s almost as if something so simple couldn’t possibly work well, right?) But we’re discovering that this simple action of creating a tiny wound without heat or any other high technology works remarkably well.
Why we use the automated MicroPen
- The Stylo Micro Pen™ is able to deliver a predictable healing experience which is not always possible with lasers or other devices.
- The Stylo Micro Pen uses sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips. There is no potential for cross contamination between patients because there is never a re-use of needles.
- Adjustable needle penetration depths allows our esthetician to choose a custom treatment program for your specific skin problems and preferences for treatment aggressiveness.
- Micro needling is safe for ALL skin types. This is a boost for skins that have a tendency to over react to heat based treatments or those with ultra sensitive skins which do not tolerate heat treatments well.
- Naomi prefers the cordless Micro Pen because it allows unrestricted movements to reach all facial areas without the interference of cords or wires.
What does microneedling feel like?
The high-speed motor causes the needle penetration to occur very quickly which means it will feel more like a sandpaper sensation than needles. Some patients describe it as similar as the feel of a cat’s tongue. Scar treatments require longer needles which invade “nerve space” and thus, produce more sensation.
After the treatment
You’ll likely look as if you have a sunburn following treatment. This can last the rest of the day, to several days or a week depending on treatment depth. Treat your skin gently and refrain from acid-containing products for a week or longer if advised by our esthetician.
How Is Micro Pen™ different from Dermal Rollers?
Automated micro-needling devices move in a vertical direction for better precision when treating the skin. Manual needle rollers do not create a precise vertical action and many of these rollers are made from inferior metals which are not smooth and it is impossible to sterilize them at home.
The lack of precision and sterilization issues can contribute to inconsistent effects to the skin, plus the risk of infection when the skin is not antiseptically cleansed.
How Is Micro Pen™ different from Lasers?
Stylo Micro Pen™ breaks up pigment mechanically instead of with light (heat) and remodels the collagen without heat. Removing heat from the equation makes for a safer, more comfortable treatment with a very low complication rate.
No heat also equals less downtime! Most Stylo Micro Pen™ patients are red for 24 hours or less. That advantage means you can get the procedure performed on a Friday and be back to normal for work on Monday.